Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Just an Afterthought

I was just thinking about yesterday's Christmassy outing, and I've decided to say something about it.

I spent the better part of yesterday working on my FYP, banging my head and trying to get my code to work. And it left me mentally drained. I must admit that I was feeling a little grouchy as I left the house to head down to Orchard.

Didn't really help when I reached Orchard MRT station and saw the crowd. The thought of fighting my way through the sea of humanity to reach the library was pretty insane. Long story short, I was feeling increasingly crabby until I went down to meet Yvonne. Here's the funny part.

Was supposed to meet her outside Zara, which I thought was in Wisma. So I fought my way through the tide and ended back in Wisma, only to realise that Zara was in Taka! DOH!! (Note to self - Vorlacks you're an idiot!)

I guess that did it though, this little screw up amused me so much that I stopped feeling crabby and started feeling silly. We had a good laugh about my "suah ku-ness" and that pretty much evaporated watever grouchiness that lingered.

Anyway, the evening got even better as we met up with the rest of them. First Qingwei, then Ah Liang. Justin and Sally. And finally Ah Poh. More jokes, more laughter, more suaning... Heh Heh...

I realised how much fun it was to meet up with friends and just hang out. We didn't have to be doing very much. In fact we were just walking down Orchard Road and taking in the sights and sounds. But I guess it was the company that mattered most.

I was pretty amazed at the 180 degree change the few short hours had brought about. From feeling grumpy at my miserable FYP, here I was running around Orchard Road like a trigger happy tourist (I was shooting everything in sight with my camera!). I guess we all need a break once in a while from the daily routine and this was just that for me.

Well, that's about all I have to say.

One last thing though - Let's hang out again soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home