Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm a Geek... Argh!

You know you're a geek when programming gives u a sense of satisfaction. Well maybe I won't call myself a geek cos geeks are supposed to be competent with technology (according to google). And well I'm not.

Maybe I'm a neek (noob + geek). Noob cos I'm quite an ignoramus when it comes to most things tech. I can't for the life of me figure out what on earth the number of MBs on a graphics card stand for... Though I suppose it would be good to know, I am after all a CPE student.

But I'm not totally lost, I know what you are supposed to do when you encounter the blue screen of death - Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and pray that it solves the problem. To put it in psuedo-code :
Well if you understood that gibberish, congrats! You're as much a geek as I am.

Back to the sense of satisfaction from programming. I've been feeling the ups and downs of programming as I worked on this flash game for one of my modules. Its part of a larger collaboration by 6 of us to make a real time game. Ok I shall cut out the techie details here and show you a screenshot of (drum roll please...) KETCHUP WARS!!



It's supposed to be a real time shooting game where u have ketchup bottles lobbing projectiles at each other. Its not complete yet but you can check out a >semi-finished version here.

Its the first real flash game that I'm making so you have to forgive me for the total noobish-ness of the whole thing. Maybe I'll try making another game when I've got more time. Since I've just discovered the joys and banes of ActionScript programming.

Alrite enough banter, its back to ActionScripting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home