Saturday, July 15, 2006

Graduation...

I find that my linguistic skills are deteriorating. For example, I had to search dictionary.com to confirm the spelling of "de·te·ri·o·rat·ing".

I'm not going to make excuses for the drop in my English standard, but let's just say that 我现在会用中文发邮件。。。 Heh heh...

Anyway back to the topic on hand. Commencement was on Thursday evening.

I thought I would be late as I had a conference call at 6, but thankfully it was cancelled. So I managed to reach UCC ard 6.30 pm.

Enough time to hang around a bit and try to figure out how on earth that gown was supposed to go on. I only managed to borrow it from Ivan the night before (Thanks bro!!), so I didn't have a chance to try it on.

Anyway, after you put it on. It looks something like that...

The hat thingy (what on earth is it called? Graduation cap?) was borrowed from Syrix. The one I borrowed from Ivan was too small... I looked ridiculous with it sitting halfway on my head...

There to witness the ceremony were my sister and father.

Had a chance to meet up with some of my pals.

The ceremony was spectacularly boring... So nothing much on that.

After that, went for dinner/supper at Xin Wang. Nothing much on that also.

I think I need to come back here to post more often... Before I really start screwing up my England...

As usual, more pictures can be found here.

5 Comments:

Blogger penguin said...

that hat thingy is called a mortar board :P

Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:54:00 pm  
Blogger penguin said...

btw, congratulations!!!

u r now officially promoted from associate to ordinary member of IWA :D

Sunday, July 16, 2006 5:19:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg....one day, i might haf to consult u if i ever forget how to write chinese characters...

Thursday, July 20, 2006 11:32:00 pm  
Blogger Vorlacks said...

hahaa... yes mortar board!!

so wat do i have to do as an ordinary member of IWA??

wonder when i will be flying again...

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:11:00 pm  
Blogger Vorlacks said...

haha.... its amazing isn't it?

the one fella who never ever passed chinese in sch... is now going to china to work....

such is the irony of singapore education, no?

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home