Thursday, October 27, 2005

Punggol Park Runners

I was doing my usual short fast run at Punggol Park today. Somewhere into my third round, I noticed that there was a guy who was going at about the same pace as I was. So I decided to keep pace with him. Actually, I kinda sped up a little at certain parts to keep up.

Anyway after I did my five rounds, I slowed down and went over to stretch by my usual spot. Halfway through my stretching, this guy came over and we introduced ourselves. After a short chat, he went off on his way. I was actually pleasantly surprised that he came over and said hi. I guess its just another interesting thing about running. You meet people.

Punggol Park seems to be getting more and more crowded in the late evenings. Today at 8 plus the track was pretty full of runners. Think these people must be training for Stan Chart which is fast approaching.

Its actually pretty nice having these people around as I run. It feels like you're running with company. Well its good as long as its not too crowded.

I think I'll be making Punggol Park runs a part of my weekly routine even after Stan Chart. Its just so convenient and the trip there serves as a nice warm up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home