Sunday, January 29, 2006

Untraditional Tradition

First up, GONG XI FA CAI everyone!! May the Year of the Dog be a prosperous one for all of you.

Had the traditional reunion dinner at my uncle's house this evening. What was untraditional about this age old tradition was what we had for dinner. Instead of the usual steamboat or 8 course Chinese dinner, we had a BBQ!! Was definitely a first for me!!

And the best thing was, most of the food at the BBQ wasn't even Chinese!! Well that's not a first though. Last year we had Indian food for reunion dinner!!

Without further ado, let's jump straight in and look at the photos. (Not all taken by me. Some by my sister.)

I started the fire.

Something I've been itching to do for very long. And keeping with the Scouts tradition, I did it with 3 match sticks. (Actually 1 broke and didn't light, so technically its 2)

Anyway while the fire was left to reach optimal cooking temperature, we started with prawn salad.

There was lotsa prawns.

With the fire ready, it was time to bring out the meat!!

Satay, chicken wing, sausages, and fish.

Yep that round thing is fish.

Dory fish with corriander stuffing! Shiok! My uncle's recipe.

The satay was good too.

And they never seemed to be able to reach the table. They always seemed to be "hijacked" en route. Finally managed to get 3 sticks that made it safely to the table for a shot.

Chicken wings!!

I only had 2. Lucky there are leftovers that I can eat on Monday!

Bacon too.

Guess where the bacon came from?

Lucky it wasn't from this little piggy. Might be a bit hard to chew...

To end off...

Some watermelon for dessert.

And marshmallows over the glowing embers.

Finally, a group shot of everyone.

With the "See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil" monkeys.

Happy Lunar New Year!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home