Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Accelerated Time

I swear someone has figured out how to accelerate time.

No kidding. With each passing semester, the time between the first lecture and last paper seems to be getting shorter and shorter.

I still remember the first day of school for this semester. It was a Monday. I had a one hour lesson from 4 to 5, but I was sick. I'M SERIOUS!! I had just gotten back from Tioman and was running a fever. Hence I skipped it. What a way to start the sem huh?

Well after a while I got into the swing of things, sort of. The daily grind of classes and work started to blur the weeks. But somehow, I never felt that the semester would be over THIS soon.

There was always "next week"or "the week after" to get things done. Deadlines were always "still quite far away" or "not so soon".

But before I knew it, wham bam kazam! I'm done with my last paper for the sem.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN BETWEEN?!?!?!

Its like someone knocked me out and when I woke up, its time for exams... Pretty unreal.

Not that I'm complaining though. I'm actually glad that the sem is over and done with. And all the "eeky" modules are cleared (they're not gross like EE2012 or EE2011, just "eeky").

I'm just pretty puzzled as to where all the time went to. I mean it was 15 weeks afterall. You can't just zoom through it all in the wink of an eye. Or did I just?

I guess I'm just pretty stunned by how each sem seems to pass by faster and faster. I guess a good parallel to this would be kids who want to grow up faster.

As kids, we always wanted to be a teenager. Then as teens we wanted to be young adults. And each stage actually goes by faster than the last. But when we actually do become teenagers or young adults, we look back and wonder what on earth happened in between. And we wish we were kids again.

So similarly, I keep wishing that each sem would end sooner. But when it did, I looked back and wonder what I did in between. And then I wish that I could go back and do some of the stuff differently. Maybe spend a little more time studying. Or put more effort into some reports.

But I guess that's not really possible, cos the fella has probably only figured out how to accelerate time but not rewind it. So the only way to go is forward. I just hope that the next sem won't fly by me again.

3 Comments:

Blogger aeiou said...

You must have been travelling close to the speed of light.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:02:00 am  
Blogger Syrix said...

In a way, that meant you are getting heavier. Fatter.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:57:00 pm  
Blogger Vorlacks said...

mmm... if i was travelling close to the speed of light, my 2.4 timing would be ard 8e-6 secs.

and on dec 4th i will only take 1.4e-4 secs to complete my run.

so i guess it doesn't really matter if i'm heavier or fatter.

run fatty run!! wahahaha...

Friday, November 25, 2005 2:00:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home