Monday, October 31, 2005

Teochew and Chinese (Again) and HRM

Hmm... seems like I've got something to say about Teochew and Chinese again. Wanted to post this on Sat, but was a little caught up with Ketchup Warriors, hence the delay.

On Fri, I was talking to one of my friends in Teochew. Well it was more like I speak Teochew and she answered in Chinese/English. But at least she understood wat I was saying. Nonetheless, it was pretty fun. Kinda nice to know that I've now got a new avenue to practise.

And about Chinese. I've figured that I'm probably gonna be pretty handicapped with my limited Chinese proficiency. With all the hoo-hah about China being the next big thing, I decided that its time to make up for the times I've been speaking lousy Chinese. Hence...


Yup, Chinese Conversation I!!! "Wo shi Buo-La-Ke-Si" (I'm Vorlacks!! And no, I don't think its translated this way.)

Anyway... I'm kidding. I'm not really taking Chinese Conversation I. Though I think I would need to soon if I don't start speaking more Chinese.

The book belongs to E Hunt. Here's a shot of him (left in picture) with Juin Yan.

We were dressed up for our HRM presentation. Was quite a fun and nonsensical presentation where I made a fool of myself in the skit. Some shots from our skit.

Meeting the oppressive "boss" - Mr Siow.

"Boss" checking on his employees.

The three employees.

I decided to "quit" my "job" and join "another company". Here's a shot of me accepting my new employment contract.

My new "Boss" - Mr Ong.

"Work" starts on Monday. Wahaha...

1 Comments:

Blogger aeiou said...

Pic 1 - In that formal shirt and pants you would almost have us believe that you're the usual nerdy engineer from China, except for the thing that you're reading, for why would Chinese nationals need to study Chinese conversation...?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 1:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home