Saturday, October 29, 2005

Punggol Park Runner Again

Bumped into Wei Xiong (the guy I mentioned in Punggol Park Runners) again as I was running at Punggol Park. Met him as I was doing the last of my 5 rounds.

As I was running with him, we started chatting (i nearly died from talking and running at the same time) and I found out that he was going to do his 3rd marathon this year. So I started asking him for training advice and tips.

After he told me about his training schedule, I couldn't help but admire his determination and discipline. He wakes up at 4 in the morning to train!! 4 am!! After training he would head off to work! WOW! And since I bumped into him in the evening, it can only mean that he's running after work!

Anyway, you've gotta respect people like these. Most of us (myself included) don't have the discipline to drag our lazy asses for a short run even on weekends. But these people are there pounding the tracks after a hard day's work. You've gotta have tremendous willpower to do that. Well... all I can say : RESPECT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home