Monday, February 27, 2006

Thanks bros

I wanna say a big THANK YOU to my bros.

These guys made today one of the best birthday celebrations I've ever had.

Ivan and Lester cooked dinner for all of us. And Justin got a really good chocolate cake.

Cooking's not an easy task and I really appreciate all the effort they put into making it an extra special dinner. Thanks you guys!!

Anyway I arrived at Ivan's house around 5. By then the preparation and cooking was already well underway.

Ivan, chef of the day, was busy frying beef when I arrived.

Lester was draining the carrots.

Lester and I tried to steal a few tricks from the master by watching.

Ivan's culinary skills are amazing. He's the "a bit of this, a little of that" kind of cook. No need for fancy measuring spoons and what nots, just plain agar-ation. And the food still turns out damn good! Must teach me a few tricks someday bro...

Here you see him agar-ing the amount of soya sauce to add to the kung pow chicken.

Anyway the whole afternoon of work resulted in a sumptuous spread for a party of 9. There was...

Kung Pow Chicken.

Steamed promfet.

Black pepper beef.

And asparagus with mushrooms and prawn.

The cutlery was even laid out restaurant style. How posh is that!!

The rest of the guests soon arrived.

Hongjiang.

Huijuan and Ah Poh.

Me and Qingwei.

Sally and Justin.

Everyone here, let the feasting begin!! Didn't take any photos as we ate, too busy. :p

After dinner we chilled out in Ivan's room and drank a bit.

Then it was time for the cake that Justin bought! Rich and chocolaty!!

Anyway it was a really nice celebration. The thing I like about having a small party like this, is that its a much more personal experience cos you get to talk to everyone.

Finally, I just wanna say thanks to everyone for turning up and making it special.

And to my bros, you guys are the best!! Here's to more good years together!!

As always, more photos can be viewed here.

2 Comments:

Blogger penguin said...

eh...ur b'day ah...oops..

HAPPY BELATED BIRD-DAY!!

Friday, March 03, 2006 8:50:00 pm  
Blogger Vorlacks said...

hee hee, thanks penguin owner and penguin!!

i'm assuming penguin came to wish me too cos i see his picture. ;)

Saturday, March 04, 2006 2:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home