Friday, February 24, 2006

Wakeboarding!!

I'm damn tired. My arms feel like lead. My legs are aching. But hell, wakeboarding is fun!!

Actually its not real wakeboarding. There was no boat, instead I was pulled along by a cable. Check it out.

Went down to the new cable ski park at ECP lagoon with E Hunt and Penguin.

The wakeboarders!! Penguin, me (with another Penguin. Confusing?) and E Hunt.

Basically you grab onto a rope, that is attached to the overhead cable, which then pulls you around the lagoon.

Initially I was falling all over the place and swallowing mouthfuls of saltwater. But soon enough I got the hang of it and was able to go half a round before falling off the board with a big splash.

Gradually, I got more comfortable on the board and was able to complete a full round. After a while decided to try out a few "stunts". Started using one hand, then tried zig-zagging. Shiok!!

But with each failed attempt at a "stunt" came a watery landing which knocked the wind out of me.

And a long swim back. I wanted to get back to the launch point as fast as I could so that I could try it again.

Was really fun and I think I will be going back there again sometime. My aim the next time I'm there would be to try the pro boards. Was using the easy board today. Its supposedly more stable for beginners.

After wakeboarding we were supposed to go for lunch, but ended up having to do a search and rescue mission for Penguin. I'm sure there's gonna be a post about it on Penguin's blog.

Anyway full photos from today can be viewed here. And the video here.

6 Comments:

Blogger penguin said...

Haha...yup I did post something on my blog :P
But no photos yet...must get from u, tourist ;)

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:31:00 pm  
Blogger Vorlacks said...

oh yah!! i realised that i wrote wrongly. u r penguin owner and penguin is penguin.

only realised when i read ur blog. haha. so penguin reads my blog too??

Saturday, February 25, 2006 3:46:00 am  
Blogger penguin said...

neh...penguin owner usually go undercover as penguin to read others' blog...

oops...did i just revealed my secret?

Friday, March 03, 2006 8:55:00 pm  
Blogger Vorlacks said...

hahaha so does penguin read blogs??

does penguin have a blog!?!?

maybe he should start one abt all his adventures...

Saturday, March 04, 2006 2:19:00 am  
Blogger penguin said...

penguin is too lazy to start a blog...or read any blog...
he posts on penguin owner's blog when he feels like...

OMG this is getting confusing...

Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:58:00 am  
Blogger Vorlacks said...

hahaha...

before long ppl will start to wonder which faculty penguin is in...

Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:07:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home